GKnight
Welcome To GKnight Forums

Please login or register to view more content.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

GKnight
Welcome To GKnight Forums

Please login or register to view more content.
GKnight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Multiplayer test

5 posters

Go down

Multiplayer test Empty Multiplayer test

Post by Endymion Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:12 pm

I think it is about time to try out the game online. I played so much with friends from the same country, and it worked even with the japanese server. Now we need to try how it works with the people on this community. I have relatively fast connection (faster than was back to the old japanese multiplayer).

For first, anyone interested in this?

For second, I recommend to use the standard, unmoded version of the game. It generates much lesser lag than the others. Of course, with the version 2.008 patch, and the english translation applied. I also recommend my english patch, because it contains the multiplayer ranks too. Razz

And for last, I can host server, but it would be good if we try out with other servers too. See whose server are better for some multiplayer fun. If it works well, maybe we can organize some tournaments. Very Happy
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Honor : 123
Date of Admittance : 2014-07-19
Affilations : Silver Millennium

Back to top Go down

Multiplayer test Empty Re: Multiplayer test

Post by Rejero Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:56 pm

I'm in :D, but we have to consider timezones as well.
Rejero
Rejero
Cadet Basic
Cadet Basic

Honor : 20
Date of Admittance : 2014-01-19
Affilations : Zeroth Alignment

Back to top Go down

Post by Exzaith Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:13 pm

good idea
Exzaith
Exzaith
AdminS

AdminS

Honor : 59
Date of Admittance : 2014-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:05 am

Of course! We would play, if the time is good for everybody. I live in Hungary, so it is UTC+1.
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by AMKW Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:47 am

about one year late, but yeah I'd love to play too XD

AMKW
Recruit
Recruit

Honor : 0
Date of Admittance : 2014-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:43 am

AMKW wrote:about one year late, but yeah I'd love to play too XD

Actually I still play on the game with friends. It is fun, easy, and has low system requirements. We could try, but then we need a way more stronger net connection than I use with local friends. Very Happy
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by PN-00 Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:48 pm

Endymion wrote:
AMKW wrote:about one year late, but yeah I'd love to play too XD

Actually I still play on the game with friends. It is fun, easy, and has low system requirements. We could try, but then we need a way more stronger net connection than I use with local friends. Very Happy

My problem is the big "HOW?"

How to establish local network multiplayer game??

we tried the custom versus mode with monitor screen splits into two everything were fine.. but..

My friends and I want to try to connect this game to other pc thru LAN and make pc vs pc,.. but we can't figure out how to do it thru LAN or with internet connection.. we tried to console the online versus mode but we were stock in selecting the room coz nothing happens whatever we click or do..
PN-00
PN-00

Honor : 8
Date of Admittance : 2016-10-13
Affilations : winz00e member

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:41 am

Most of the cases mods cause extreme desync sooner or later, mostly during actual LAN or internet gameplay. It is still playable however since it isn't occurs immediately, or not at an unplayable rate. The mech extender however disable the sync, this no connection can be established, no matter if you two using the same mod.

If you guys tried the unmodified game, then I guess you haven't opened the required port, or used local IP address to connect instead of external (only the client, the server can connect with local).

The game uses the 2362-2366 and 3362-3366 TCP ports.
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by PN-00 Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:19 am

Endymion wrote:Most of the cases mods cause extreme desync sooner or later, mostly during actual LAN or internet gameplay. It is still playable however since it isn't occurs immediately, or not at an unplayable rate. The mech extender however disable the sync, this no connection can be established, no matter if you two using the same mod.

If you guys tried the unmodified game, then I guess you haven't opened the required port, or used local IP address to connect instead of external (only the client, the server can connect with local).

The game uses the 2362-2366 and 3362-3366 TCP ports.

we can continue this discussion @ HOSTING ONLINE WINDOM SERVER ON WINDOWS WITH DNS SERVERS

https://gknight.forumotion.com/t10-hosting-online-windom-server-on-windows-with-dns-servers
PN-00
PN-00

Honor : 8
Date of Admittance : 2016-10-13
Affilations : winz00e member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down