GKnight
Welcome To GKnight Forums

Please login or register to view more content.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

GKnight
Welcome To GKnight Forums

Please login or register to view more content.
GKnight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

windom redesigned into unity (opinions?)

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

windom redesigned into unity (opinions?) - Page 2 Empty Re: windom redesigned into unity (opinions?)

Post by Endymion Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:38 am

Maybe it would be better to look further than Windom XP or SV. There are several mech themed games using Unity and those are ready to experience with. Of course as you develop it slowly you have to replace the mechs with your own original set, but till that at least you can work on other things.
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Honor : 123
Date of Admittance : 2014-07-19
Affilations : Silver Millennium

Back to top Go down

windom redesigned into unity (opinions?) - Page 2 Empty Re: windom redesigned into unity (opinions?)

Post by InfinitasImpetum Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:33 am

what? tbh, i wasn't going to replicate windom in unity. its pointless since there is no easy way to adapt all the files to work in unity.  unreal 4 there might be a way to do it but thats still a mess of code to work with.

i was bored as stated in the post so i thought i note that hods were only thing convertible into animations in unity. since unity animation event system one takes in 1 value.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
Exault
Exault

Honor : 25
Date of Admittance : 2014-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:21 am

Oh I see. Anyway I just said there are official and fan games about mechs using Unity. Those are way more easier to work with. As for Windom XP I always liked the minimalistic presentation of everything. It just had the things the game required and nothing else.
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:54 am

the problem with windom xp is its graphics.  upgrade that and things will be fine.  

why, i don't create an alternative or just port it.   partially greed cause i have no source of income.

though sometimes i think about building a new mecha engine using ogre3d and other C++ libraries.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
Exault
Exault

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:17 pm

Windom SV upgraded the graphics and it not really put more load on the performance so it wouldn't be a problem. The only problem of the game is the method it loads the things if you ask me, though this is only a development-wise disadvantage. Nearily everything is registered in the .exe making it impossible to extend the possibilities of the contents without hacking that.
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:02 pm

this is back in consideration.  trying to create new mechs is becoming a pain.  i am just raging trying to create one.  improving existing mechs is easier.

going to get community opinion though.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
Exault
Exault

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:11 am

You can try starting a poll. There is a lot of modders who created original Gundams, they may help you creating customized Windom mechs.
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:13 am

I am going to continue windom SV except under a new title and in unity.  i can convert the models and animations easily

the Title will be Ultimate Knight Windom Nu
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
Exault
Exault

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:48 pm

That sounds good too.
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:59 pm

https://streamable.com/qhaqf
https://streamable.com/2pfr3
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
Exault
Exault

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:13 am

The animation looks superb, fluid and well designed. The target following also good but interestingly in both Windom games the units followed the target with head also as some animation or position forced the body to stay intact.
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:27 am

Those animations are from SV. I wrote a tool to load SV animation and turn them into Unity Animation Clips.   SV uses animation mixing to aim plus probably some procedural code.   what i have is pure procedural no animation asisting it.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
Exault
Exault

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:20 pm

I see.
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:46 pm

i am ditching the layers though (top and bottom being separate).  the only reason for it is the aiming which can be worked around with code driven animation for the top.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
Exault
Exault

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:15 am

But this is only for the general movement-aiming animations. I guess there will be attacks that enforce a specific positioning which makes the mech aim with the whole body.
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:52 am

also the chosing of this is so i can use mecanim.  to use layers means i couldn't use mecanim cause i can't change the avatar mask(helps divide top from bottom) on runtime.  i would have to go with playables. actually mecanim can't be edited either on runtime though you can override/swap animations in it.

any aiming can be done through scripts. i just will have a flag that says you can use basic shot with the animation.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
Exault
Exault

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:49 pm

Sounds good.
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:08 pm

i managed to write something to port hod animations into unity.

here is the script to port hod animation into unity. also SV stuff is included.
https://github.com/MugenAttack/WindomUnityEditor

recently, i managed to get maps imported in partially but i need to work on the script some more. since my obj loader doesn't work with mtl files and last time i tried to add proper mtl and multiple material support i ended up failing.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
Exault
Exault

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. J Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:21 am

Sounds like you're having some pretty encouraging results. PLEASE keep going!
Dr. J
Dr. J
Recruit
Recruit

Honor : 4
Date of Admittance : 2014-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:54 am

https://streamable.com/s06rr6
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
Exault
Exault

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2