GKnight
Welcome To GKnight Forums

Please login or register to view more content.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

GKnight
Welcome To GKnight Forums

Please login or register to view more content.
GKnight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zenkai Knights

5 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

what kind of modding system should i build

Zenkai Knights - Page 2 I_vote_lcap33%Zenkai Knights - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 1 ]
Zenkai Knights - Page 2 I_vote_lcap67%Zenkai Knights - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 67% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 3

Poll closed

Zenkai Knights - Page 2 Empty Re: Zenkai Knights

Post by InfinitasImpetum Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:05 pm

actually, i am planning to have a boost cost for using sub attacks in air. this makes sense since you will need the boost to keep your mech floating to perform the attack. if you have not enough boost you will not perform the sub attack. anything basically done in air will cost boost except for falling.

i may use boost consumption rate as a way to make the game more balanced.  example a mech with more speed or armor will use more boost compared to a mech with less speed or armor.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
Exault
Exault

Honor : 25
Date of Admittance : 2014-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:36 am

That works the same in Windom XP, with also an addition: most sub-attacks use boost even if it performend while standing on the ground, which also decrease the chance of blocking after a whiffed shot. This is a good thing because it makes projectile spamming have disadvantage alongside with the obvious advantage. However there if you doesn't have enough boost the attack is still launched but you can't do anything after that untill you touch the ground. However it is a nice touch if you couldn't use the attack without a minimum boost, as you said.

Anyway if you make use the exact same boost amount but with different draining rate it will works perfectly, and the units have balance each other. While I love Windom XP's method of "heavier units have more from everything but luck the cost effiency of reborn", sometimes it break the balance toward the weaker units with better cost, especially in the case of BlackComb and Primula (must note they're extremely effective countering situations).
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Honor : 123
Date of Admittance : 2014-07-19
Affilations : Silver Millennium

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:57 am

i been studying gundam vs gameplay using extreme vs force. the game has sub attacks cost boost too like in windom.  the reason for this is cause when sub attacks are used there is only 1 animation and that is for being in air.

scrapping my aiming code for the arm. going to have to try a different method.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
Exault
Exault

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:43 pm

Yes, the very same in Windom XP too, even launching on ground it will "fly" a little and using the attack like that. The only difference is that, in Windom XP this isn't a requirement rather than additional cost, the attacks can be launched with full performance even with 0 boost.
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:52 pm

well, my whole aim script is broken. going with unity's IK system for aiming.  shoulder piece will have to be calculated through a script though that is a simple code i had that part working correctly.

why didn't i do that in the first place.....i forgot or i wanted to code my own aim system.

my code for the arm is broken. it still is good enough for mounted weapons.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
Exault
Exault

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:46 pm

ok, unity ik system is a no for use.  doesn't work like i need it for.

i may take a break a try coding some movement mechanics.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
Exault
Exault

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:37 pm

While Unity is capable for this, it isn't an engine dedicated for this kind of game. I didn't even know it has a built-in script for aiming, but that isn't more than placeholder. Quake and Unreal engine for example already have a fully working aiming system for model-movement.
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:15 pm

unity ik system only works with humanoid models. though this kind works with the mech but i can't get it to behave in the way i want it too.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
Exault
Exault

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:34 pm

I maybe a little crazy but i planned out sequels for the game. i even have the systems planned out.

Zenkai Knights 1 = build the system for combat. modding adds custom mechs and maps

Zenkai Knights 2 = apply gundam break custom mech system into game and ditch full mechs for built mechs ingame. add ingame map editor. Modding adds pieces for mech and maps.

Zenkai Knights 3 = Open World Game using custom mech system of ZK2. ability to get out of mech and vehicle support.

in a way i am leading up to final goal of creating a open world mech game utilizing the combat system similar to gundam vs and windom xp. I may ditch up and down buttons cause of conflicts with future sequels.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
Exault
Exault

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:19 am

Definitelly a great plan, just have enough enthusiasm for finishing it. Smile
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:30 pm

considering allowing ability to custom color the mechs like silver knights has it.  i have a shader already written to do the task from awhile back.

up to 7 colors can be changed and details are supported by the shader. the shader doesn't support gradients. i have a 3 color shader that does support this.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
Exault
Exault

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:55 pm

Customization is a basic option for most of the online games nowdays and I have to agree with that. Nothing is more satifashing than being unique amongst the player base, even if that only means different colors. It is just a plus that makes a character truly yours.
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:44 pm

melee attacks might be more encouraged to do than ranged attacks.

ranged attacks will be limited in some way. one way maybe weaker than melee attacks or limiting the amount you can use the weapons on a life. what i mean by "on a life" is when you die your ranged weapons are refilled. the latter would require the UI to be like the gundam versus games so you can see what you have left.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
Exault
Exault

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:10 pm

It sounds like a fighting / TPS game hibrid. It is mostly about fighting head-on while you have some ammo to prevent escaping. Personally I love melee, 2 out of my 3 favorites from Windom XP prefer melee over ranged attacks, but not everyone want to see a 3D fighting game with Gundams. I guess most fans want a game with limitless firing and epic auto-combos like how it works in the series.

To be honest if I remember right not all the Gundams have unlimited powersource. I'm pretty sure the original Gundam had to reload the bazooka after some shot.
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:54 am

limitless firing will be in the game as an option. the whole game will be customize-able in some features.

here is a few things:
-mech color scheme
-boost multiplier (infinite option)
-speed multiplier
-armor multiplier
-ammo multiplier (infinite option)

all these will be global and apply to all players so enemy mechs will get the effects too.

InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
Exault
Exault

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:31 pm

Now as you say it requires a decent A.I. to handle the ammunition management, especially if there is no option to refil with pick up items or kills. Compared to Windom XP, the AI just randomly do something without caring about anything, depending on the distance or sometimes wait a little to refil the gauge.

But yes, with option like those every fan will find their favorite playmode. Could be even combined: one player have infinite ammo while the other one doesn't, however he has significant damage or projectile speed boost for the ranged attack.
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:45 am

mechs have a naming system like in windom.  mechs names come from german numbers and their pronunciations.

first mech is called aintsu based on the number 1 pronunciation in german.

as for mechs there will probably not be alot of mechs instead there will be variations of 5 or more mechs.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
Exault
Exault

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:21 pm

Well, the German 1 is Ein (or Eine or Einen based on the word after the number) and have to be pronounce as "ain" (more common) or "ein" depending on the dialect. Your pronounce sounds like a tongue-tied Japan's trying on the word "ants" lol. Sorry but the Japanese not talk like that, they can speak English and German without these stupid plus sounds, it is only for the writings since they have no letter for "L", and only the "N" can stand alone at a word's end as consonant. Smile

This game meant for modding, it isn't problem if it have only one mecha. More mechs helps on the newcomers to see what are the possibilities.
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:17 pm

i intend this to be a full game too.

considering adding my ms-98 remake into the game as ain.

i did consider having this game on android too but without the modding.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
Exault
Exault

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:00 pm

Hmm, in that case the variation of 5 mechs sounds like a class-based game. There is just no other mech games like this (except MechWarrior but that is rather a Battlefield with mechs and not real class based). Good and unique idea, enough fresh to be popular as much as Windward did with its own unique change on an another popular genre.

And do not worry about the android version. The modders only have to port the whole modification and it will work. Will not be compatible with the other version as it do on PC, but playable at least.
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Mon May 01, 2017 12:38 pm

i would put a table of mechs but this forum system is shit and makes it a pain to do so.

here it is on google docs
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wujNNwxcxY2JKyjdxERkM5E8E7x1Zk3P2yjbt0p_zbw/edit?usp=sharing

ain is going to be ms-98 remake.
Zuai, i am currently modeling.

doing less mechs and have variations is so i can be lazy. XD
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
Exault
Exault

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Mon May 01, 2017 2:24 pm

Well, if that helps making it faster then there is no problem. The sooner a public test version came out, the sooner the supporters shows up. Of course only matters if you accept help from other programers.

Anyway this is really like the SoulSaber 2, considering the number of weapons a mech can use. Windom XP was more like Zone of the Enders with tons of sub-weapons, even if a lot was only situational.
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Mon May 01, 2017 2:50 pm

i haven't done much programming. i was lazily working on a model for the past week. also doing another project.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
Exault
Exault

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Mon May 01, 2017 6:19 pm

That's how I crate my videos also lol.
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Tue May 02, 2017 7:57 am

there will be a story mode and its simple to understand. any mech can fit into the story.

story mode will be called knights tournament. it will be basically a tournament mode.

the story takes place after a war where leaders decide to have a tournament to decide who will rule. since this is after the war most of the mechs are production units left over from the war.

the story is inspired by G Gundam.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
Exault
Exault

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down