GKnight
Welcome To GKnight Forums

Please login or register to view more content.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

GKnight
Welcome To GKnight Forums

Please login or register to view more content.
GKnight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cross Ange: Rondo of Angel and Dragon

GKnight ::   :: Hangout Zone :: Anime

Go down

Cross Ange: Rondo of Angel and Dragon Empty Cross Ange: Rondo of Angel and Dragon

Post by Endymion Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:13 pm

Cross Ange: Rondo of Angel and Dragon B5a0cd85261dd15b8f0796034a5247a56b9a3e88

Alternative logo for those who doesn't fear naked womans:
Spoiler:

This time it may be a big bite for me since I barely seen the first four episodes yet, but I'm progressing slowly, one episode per a day. I try my best to make a recommendation for this one because it is something special after the tons of standard "faction fights faction with big mechs using guns to prove their right" mech shows.

Cross Ange starts with the basic of its own settings: magic and mana is natural while being not having it makes you incorrect. To make this a little more edgy the Normas (humans without mana) are able to cancel the magic user's projected mana just by touching it effortlessly. Because the whole society is focused on the use of mana this is unforgivable. The Normas are stripped from their rights as humans and exiled to a distant island to fight the beasts known as Dragons for the sake of the mana users. If they die or no is no matter, they are no longer humans and basically have no rights to live normally.

The story focuses around Angelise, the crown princess of Misurugi who happen to be a Norma but thanks to her mother this fact was hidden even from Angelise herself. Considering the law stated above she got exiled and have to begin her life as a worthless soldier. Of course this isn't easy for her and can't even accept neither the punishment neither the fact she is a Norma. This is a new life she have to used to as she is no longer the princess Angelise but Ange.

To fight the Dragons the Normas using a mechanized weapon called ParaMail, based on a much stronger weapon the RagnaMail. These are transformable arial fighters that can switch between flight mode and assault mech mode. Speed, variety and costumizable equipment makes these weapons suitable to fit any give situations.

I have to mention the anime has a lot of very strong erotical reference on screen. It is far more straight forward than the so called "ecchi", more like an old erotic movie where only the "connection" is not visible. These are used to either grab the feel of a real all-woman prison or to strip the concept of war from its romantical meaning.

After those four episodes I found this one really entertaining, amongst the very few animes where I not think on "why he/she had to died, it totally gives nothing to the story". I like how the episodes grab situations without making comedy from it but also not forcing it to turn into a drama. I'm curious how it will continue.
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Honor : 123
Date of Admittance : 2014-07-19
Affilations : Silver Millennium

Back to top Go down

Cross Ange: Rondo of Angel and Dragon Empty Re: Cross Ange: Rondo of Angel and Dragon

Post by Endymion Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:24 pm

I just finished watching this anime. Till this point I always tried to find something in a work. To make it clear I thought the "plus" gives the required fuel to the fire to burn more brighter than other torches. Well, that is not true. Smile

Cross Ange wasn't outstanding in any aspect you can think on when it comes to animes. Avarage this, avarage that, and had some erotic content which is rare anyway. But now as I finished the last episode I can clearily see what they wanted to create. It is about the "shit cares if they force all these into Gundam, we will doing what we want" feeling. Simply create a world you always thing when you imagine the real world's problems. The characters also doing nothing more than solving what can not be solved rationally.

Making it simple, this is an anime about the most simple thing: freedom. And as it progress that freedom just increase over time and finally it break the chains to become truely free.

I guess I just found my favorite anime, something I like more than even Sailor Moon. Smile
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Honor : 123
Date of Admittance : 2014-07-19
Affilations : Silver Millennium

Back to top Go down

GKnight ::   :: Hangout Zone :: Anime

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum