GKnight
Welcome To GKnight Forums

Please login or register to view more content.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

GKnight
Welcome To GKnight Forums

Please login or register to view more content.
GKnight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Neon Genesis Evangelion (Shinseiki Evangerion)

3 posters

GKnight ::   :: Hangout Zone :: Anime

Go down

Neon Genesis Evangelion (Shinseiki Evangerion) Empty Neon Genesis Evangelion (Shinseiki Evangerion)

Post by Endymion Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:43 pm

I do not think this reqires deep description. The Project EVA is one of the most popular, if not the most popular show in Japan. I think this cartoon is quite popular outside too, and partial has mech elements. Using organic cyborgs, a dues ex as human piloted warmachine is a little different from the Gundam's cold steel. It has more psychological mean than reasons and effects. As far as I know, the idea and the design of the Linux (UKWXP) is come from this show.

Also there are a legend, called End of Evangelion. The End of Evangelion is the best film ever created, and lead every list by far (at least in Japan). I just watched it yesterday, and I can't say anything, just too much to say anything.

Does anyone seen this? Smile
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Honor : 123
Date of Admittance : 2014-07-19
Affilations : Silver Millennium

Back to top Go down

Neon Genesis Evangelion (Shinseiki Evangerion) Empty Re: Neon Genesis Evangelion (Shinseiki Evangerion)

Post by Exzaith Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:01 pm

is one of the most epic animes
although I think soon japan will publish another movie right?
Exzaith
Exzaith
AdminS

AdminS

Honor : 59
Date of Admittance : 2014-01-20

Back to top Go down

Neon Genesis Evangelion (Shinseiki Evangerion) Empty Re: Neon Genesis Evangelion (Shinseiki Evangerion)

Post by Endymion Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:18 pm

Exzaith wrote:is one of the most epic animes
although I think soon japan will publish another movie right?

Yes, The Rebuild of Evangelion 4.0, the Final Movie. It will be release somewhere 2015. All other movies has an extended release too (1.11, 2.22, 3.33), I think the Final Movie will get this too. So the Blu-Ray edition will need more time.
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Exzaith Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:47 pm

2015!! ohh nooo I really love that series
Exzaith
Exzaith
AdminS

AdminS

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:16 pm

Me too. Once I was a great fan of Sailor Moon, but the Evangelion series easily knocked away. Not just a psychological thriller, but a whole world about feelings and emotions within our heart. Just like a bad dream about a bad experience. You not know what is right. Just a perfect story.
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Exzaith Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:57 pm

that's right the most important is the aspect psychological
That reminds me of the first series of gundam
Exzaith
Exzaith
AdminS

AdminS

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:45 am

"There was a time, when everything was good and right." You has right, during that time, everything has a mean, not just mirroring the world's problems. The Evangelion was the last anime used to have the same sense of meaning.
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Exzaith Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:25 pm

Few animes give a profound message
Exzaith
Exzaith
AdminS

AdminS

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:02 am

I watched the first movie of the Rebuild of Evangelion. I can say, finally a good remake. All other remakes was so bad compared to the original shows, but this made everything right.  Very Happy 

... except one thing. The scene when EVA Unit 01 saved Shinji was removed. That scene was important to understand the End of Evangelion's event. Especial the "born to be eternal" monologue.
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Exzaith Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:01 am

yes but I don't understand in the last movie of evangelion they change the history
Exzaith
Exzaith
AdminS

AdminS

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:59 am

The End of Evangelion is not an alternative ending as the Wikipedia said.

The original series has no ending. Shinji killed Kaworu, because he was forced to kill... even that is the right decision. The other two episode (25. and 26.) are a psychological analysis. Shinji was just a kid, it was too much for him. It was too much why his father need him in this way.

The End of Evangelion showed the none-psychological events, the fight against the 18th Angel... the Humans itself. At the end of the movie, they showed the same dilemma as in the last two episodes. And at least we can see the "happy end", like in the series, but not just like a dream.
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:28 pm

I watched the second movie of the Rebuild tetralogy. This was more different from the series than the first one. New scenes, new characters, and even new mean for the story. The 2.22 shows a more brutal way what the humans can do with enough power in they hand. But I can not judge if it is better than the series or not. I like this version too.
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Exzaith Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:19 pm

I see the movie 3 and yes is a final alternative is very interesting
Exzaith
Exzaith
AdminS

AdminS

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:05 am

I will watch the 3rd too. About the 4th movie... there was some information on the official site, but those infos was taken down (as well the release has been delayed).
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Casval Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:34 am

Trippiest, sickest, most spine chillingest anime I have ever seen. I know the newer ones are good and all but nothing beats the original. esp....End of Evangelion....*Cold*
Casval
Casval
Apprentice
Apprentice

Honor : 5
Date of Admittance : 2014-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:07 pm

With one word: The Best! Right, some of the new animes not as bad as others, but never will be as good as the Evangelion. The Rebuild of Evangelion also a really good remake. I just can't compare these two.

End of Evangelion = BEAST. Not less, not smaller, not weaker. The End of Evangelion is currently the highest rated anime or anime movie in Japan. It is the best I ever seen. No one can beat it... never.  Twisted 
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Exzaith Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:46 pm

I remember before people called evangelion as the best anime of all
although it is difficult to compare different animes remains quite important evangelion
Exzaith
Exzaith
AdminS

AdminS

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:35 am

I don't know if the Evangelion is popular outside of Japan. They say it is the best, because it is the best. Of course, different themes can not be compared, but can be assessed by the meaning. It has a more psychological and emotional mean, than any other anime. This is why the japanese are like this... and I think this is why I like too.
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:35 am

I just finished the Rebuild of Evangelion 3.33 in this minute. I just don't know what I can say. It was very split. It started as a shit Gundam-like line... but it was changed after Shinji's escape. After that point it was just a perfect remake of the episode 25-26., and the End of Evangelion. Not was forced to stay in the same bed as the original. Actually it showed many and many elements what is the mean of the Angels, what is the humans, and what is the difference... there are no difference.

For some reason, I can not say it was better than the End of Evangelion. But somehow I feel... it was better in the pure way. But with the used tools was not as good as in the End of Evangelion.
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Exzaith Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:48 pm

I think this new sequel only shows more information than you had no idea
Exzaith
Exzaith
AdminS

AdminS

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:36 pm

Till now it is basically a rearranged version of the original NGE. It shows the story from a more "theatrical" way like the japanese title said. Less human psychology... more pure fact about the humans. The 3.33 was the very first movie in the Rebuild series which shows more about Shinji's mental condition.

Not a bad remake, I will wait for the 4.0, or 4.44.
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Exzaith Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:25 am

technically it is an alternative future another timeline
I'm happy because the quality is still high
now they mentioned the "curse of evangelion"
Neon Genesis Evangelion (Shinseiki Evangerion) Evangelion333-p2
Neon Genesis Evangelion (Shinseiki Evangerion) Maxresdefault
Exzaith
Exzaith
AdminS

AdminS

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:06 am

That "curse" was mentioned in the 25-26 episode, but they said a different eternity than in the Rebuild movies. Those beta promotional pictures was on the japanese wikipedia site too, and some more. Truly nice quality, but the graphics are the least important thing in an Evangelion movie.  Smile 
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down