GKnight
Welcome To GKnight Forums

Please login or register to view more content.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

GKnight
Welcome To GKnight Forums

Please login or register to view more content.
GKnight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorit mechs, favorit style

2 posters

Go down

Favorit mechs, favorit style Empty Favorit mechs, favorit style

Post by Endymion Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:16 pm

I made this topic, because I not find other gameplay discussion topic. So, there are many original, and many edited models for the game. Which one is you favorit and why? Or which fighting style is your best? Original, or fan made? You can talk here!  Very Happy 

I think it is not a secret, I like more the original models. Maybe because only these was allowed during tournaments, or because these was balanced. Most mods I tried was a very imbalanced, it was not fun online at all.  Stunned 

My favorit is the BlackComb. Why? Because it suits perfectly my style. The BlackComb is a reflex based mech, without reflex it is die at the first close or long range encounter. It just hardly can block melee attacks (requires time to set up solid defence against physical-type attacks), but easily can dodge or dashcounter even the fastest melee mech (with the except of the XP-SP3 and the BlackComb, because these two has to long hurt-box). From longer range than melee, it has a great arsenal of place-holding weapons to keep the oppenent within its effective range. From long range, the BlackComb greatly loss its accuracy. But its weakpoint is the lack of defensive options other than the dashcounter.

The last days of the tournaments, I started to use the Anthurium too. It is quite similar to the BlackComb, but with an even weaker defence. To balance this, the Anthurium has the fastest dodge in the game, even faster than the Licorice's. The Anthurium is (of course) for long range bombing. It has all the most effective long range weapons, possibly with the highest energy supply. The Buster Launcher's beam cannon do the most highest damage in the game, if fully charged it can take down the lower healt mech with one shot. As I said, it has zero defence potencial, to guard anything, it requires exactly 1 second (slower than the BlackComb), and has no dashcounter at all. However it has superb armor, sometimes can absorb a Beam Rifle shot without knock-back (still recive damage).
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Honor : 123
Date of Admittance : 2014-07-19
Affilations : Silver Millennium

Back to top Go down

Favorit mechs, favorit style Empty Re: Favorit mechs, favorit style

Post by Rejero Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:27 pm

My favourite is the WindomXP SP-3. Why? Firstly I like its original sword combo (Back + X and A). I'm more of a melee type but I don't gravitate towards mecha "girl" models such as Linux Anthurium. I just can't see it as anything else other than fan service. Being a more melee-oriented type and with the tendency to charge towards the enemy to slash them, I'm usually vulnerable with long range or quick weapon firing. That is why I require the support of an external attack such as Funnels, which the WindomXP SP-3 has. You may ask why not BlackComb for me? After all it has funnels and melee. Simply because the BlackComb's melee attacks are too boring and monotonous. In other words, repetitive and not the representation of a true melee guy.

If I were to upgrade from WindomXP SP-3, it would be Windom Vienna. It has the perfect balance of melee and range that I've wanted.

On side note, if Linux Anthurium were to have a more robotic model instead, I will definitely choose it instead of WindomXP SP-3. Simply because of its laser whip, its defensive dodging, and it shoots an arrow!!  Stunned 
Rejero
Rejero
Cadet Basic
Cadet Basic

Honor : 20
Date of Admittance : 2014-01-19
Affilations : Zeroth Alignment

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:13 am

The Linux are based on some visual novels (Y. Kamada really like those fantasy things), but for this game, they represents a more organic mechs. All of the Linux are excelent at dodging.

But yes, the XP SP-3 is a good close range fighter, but lacks effective long range attacks, just like the BlackComb. Its special melee combo is quite dangerous. When I was played on the official server, every team used one (even my partner used XP SP-3 during 2on2). The most weakest point of this mech is its speed. Compared to other melee units it is slow, and has very limited energy-supply to support itself with A.R.A. "Stay out from the fight, assault with one strike." as they said. This strategy perfectly suits the mech. Smile

About Vienna... possibly the most powerful mech ingame. It is superior in melee-, close-, and mid-range too. There are no mech with enoght power to directly assault it with the exception of the Primula (or Anthurium with OverClock activated). However the Vienna basically has no armor, can not withstand with any kind of support-fire, or anything with more than one projectile once

I think, the Linux are looks so cool. Easily can think they are EVA like half-organic units, or some alien cybernetic race.  Cool 
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Honor : 123
Date of Admittance : 2014-07-19
Affilations : Silver Millennium

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down