GKnight
Welcome To GKnight Forums

Please login or register to view more content.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

GKnight
Welcome To GKnight Forums

Please login or register to view more content.
GKnight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ultimate Knight Windom XP Single Installer Version Download

+3
Endymion
Exzaith
InfinitasImpetum
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Ultimate Knight Windom XP Single Installer Version Download Empty Ultimate Knight Windom XP Single Installer Version Download

Post by Endymion Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:20 pm

Everyone knows the Windom XP's CDs are not really compatible with Windows 7 and newer operation systems. This is because the installer can't write the registry correctly. But this problem exist no more!  Smile

I was made a single .exe installer for the game. A double click, choose installation folder, and the game will work on even Win8. It requires nothing, the installer contains everything:

- The base game
- The PowerUp Kit expansion pack
- The ver.2.008 patch
- The game translated to english
- The server and pilot editor software translated to english
- And even the game's manual translated to english too

As I said, I made this installer compatible with Win7, Win8, and Wind8.1. After the installation it requires nothing to do since the game itself is fully compatible with eny OS.

Feel free to leave some feedback, or report any bugs with the installer. Smile

DOWNLOAD:
Mediafire link

Project Windom Publication Pack

DOWNLOAD
MEDIAFIRE LINK

Last edited by 武蔵 象二郎 on Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:47 am; edited 2 times in total
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Honor : 123
Date of Admittance : 2014-07-19
Affilations : Silver Millennium

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Knight Windom XP Single Installer Version Download Empty Re: Ultimate Knight Windom XP Single Installer Version Download

Post by Exzaith Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:28 pm

XO nice job that could be very good for new users
Exzaith
Exzaith
AdminS

AdminS

Honor : 59
Date of Admittance : 2014-01-20

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Knight Windom XP Single Installer Version Download Empty Re: Ultimate Knight Windom XP Single Installer Version Download

Post by Endymion Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:02 am

Yes. I tested on many computers where the CD version had installation errors. Till this time, the custom installer worked every single time. Smile
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Exzaith Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:54 pm

I Like! this subject now is moved to Sticky
many people might interest this
Exzaith
Exzaith
AdminS

AdminS

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:23 am

That's good. I hope this can help for those who having problem with the game. Very Happy
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:42 am

I made a little "stuff" pack. It is not that big thing. It contains the so called official content of Y. Kamada's website. Official screenshots from the UKWXP page, character portraits, backgrounds and logos.

There is a registry file in the pack too. It fix the PilotEditor.exe's problem in this single installer edition. Since the installer maker can't handle the REG_DWORD value I can't fix the installer itself. Adding this file to the registry database will make the pilot editor works.

These files can be used to create or edit websites to make it more WindomXP-like. Or anyone can do anything with it. Twisted

DOWNLOAD
MEDIAFIRE LINK

I added this download link to the first post of this topic too.
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Exzaith Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:46 pm

is possible fix the pilot selection for use characters? (on a pc with english lenguage)
Exzaith
Exzaith
AdminS

AdminS

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:59 pm

Yes, with the included registry entry. I don't know why, but it seems like the PilotEditor requires the REG_DWORD entry "installed". It is just ridiculous, but without it the program not works.

The installer has the full english translated PilotEditor, and with the registry file from the pack it will work.
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:53 pm

After a long time I decided to use a different program to make the installer. This new setup contains less changes than how complication it caused for me to make it. XD

DOWNLOAD:
Mediafire link
(Note: This isn't a different link, I updated the file on Mediafire keeping the original link.)

It is mostly a cosmetic update, does nothing with the core files. But here is every changes I made:

- The new installer is able to write REG_DWORD entry. The regfix is no longer required! Just install the game with this new installer.
- Fixed the image of the WindomXP.exe's icon.
- Changed the icon of the PilotEditor.exe back to the original.
- Fixed the typo of the Windom BlackComb's third subweapon.
- Removed two unnecessary files from the installation. This was a screenshot and a log file. These files was not included in the original game, but was created by me.
- Used a different method for the compression. Now the installer is only 174 Mb. This may cause slower launch or install since the unpacking require more resource from the PC. Also this makes the anti-virus programs to scan the file slower.
- Removed the names created by me from the Online mode.

Please, write your feedbacks here. Post the problems if you encounter one. It would be good if someone could test the installer on modern systems such as Win7, Win8, or even Win10. Smile
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Exzaith Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:53 pm

ohh this installer have the patch 2.008?
Exzaith
Exzaith
AdminS

AdminS

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:16 am

Of course. It has both the PowerUp Kit and the latest patch (the 2.008). This is just made for integrating the REG_DWORD keys into the installer. Now it not requires regfix anymore to run. Someone even tested on Win10 and run perfectly. Thanks for him in this way. Smile
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Exzaith Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:39 pm

ohhh nice job!! this will be very useful for the nre members Groovy Groovy Groovy Groovy
Exzaith
Exzaith
AdminS

AdminS

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:50 pm

Thanks! Very Happy

The original and this new was downloaded more than 1200 times together. So there is more fans of the game than we know. I don't know if they are modders, or just enjoy the game, maybe multiplayer tournament competitors. The game still has some potential.
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Exzaith Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:45 pm

now we need more people here
We have lately increased the activity of the forum
but we need more people still
Exzaith
Exzaith
AdminS

AdminS

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:07 pm

As the SV is up again maybe they will come. I think they want to see more Gundam oriented contents such as the console games, other Gundam anime series, or so on.
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Exzaith Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:04 pm

I hope everyone's support to continue with a peaceful community
Exzaith
Exzaith
AdminS

AdminS

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:30 pm

That is the most important. No one wants to talk with others in a war zone. XD
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:40 pm

Here is a very small, and really only cosmetical update on the installer. I already updated the link, but I will link again here just to be sure. The changes focuses on reverting some text to the original Bootfighter style (since Windom XP has no full names originally), and changing things to be more accurate.

-Millenniums name pattern reverted to Bootfighter style.
              Millennium-R renamed to Millennium R
              Millennium-B renamed to Millennium B
-Millennium-II renamed to Millennium Mark II (being a totally type)
-Asteroid-0 Windom 2000 SP-1 reverted to Asteroid Windom 2000 SP-1, because the Windom 2K is the prototype to have the name Asteroid-0.
-The Linux Anthurium's second subweapon renamed to Penetrating from Penetration, even though Penetration is the original translation from Y. Kamada.
-Fixed the typo with the KD-04 Millennium's grenades. Now it listen as Multi Shot instead of Triple Shot. Only the Millennium R throw three grenades instead of the more, but act the same way as the Multi version.
-Windom Talisker WP's Rail Cannon changed to Twin Rail Cannon even though the translation only say Rail Cannon. I changed because the two barrel is a single weapon system, being a twin barrelled cannon.
-These are edited in the Manual too.
-The word "Japanese" now writed with big initial.  Razz
-
*Added the rank Admiral to the multiplayer rank system.

*Note: The Brigadier General removed from the list. The ranks Major General, Lieutenant General, and General pushed down with one ranks in the place of the removed rank. The Admoral is placed right above these ranks. Now the Admiral is the second highest rank after the Marshal.

And here is the link, but as I said I updated the file on Mediafire, so the link in the first post lead to the same file. Smile

MEDIAFIRE
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Exzaith Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:33 pm

excellent every time you're improving more!!
Exzaith
Exzaith
AdminS

AdminS

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:26 am

Thank you. This last thing didn't improve anything, only makes the units' name more logical. No one ever read the names anyway because everyone already know all of them. XD
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:23 pm

just adding this doesn't work with lightningdragon's toggle transcode, well the one that modifys the .exe to perma switch on no transcode.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
Exault
Exault

Honor : 25
Date of Admittance : 2014-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:20 pm

I never tried it with any tools. I made this for those who can't install the game because of the Win7's changed registry rules. The .exe was translated two times as you read in the included readme. I'm not a programmer, I don't know what the changes cause to the compatibility with the tools.
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:46 pm

the toggle transcode tool modify's the .exe.  i will see about getting the original .exe for 2.008.

you should make a installer that doesn't have the translation and keeps the game with its original language and only add the necessary stuff to get it working on win7 and above.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
Exault
Exault

Honor : 25
Date of Admittance : 2014-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:58 pm

Yeah, that would be wise. I will do it someday but I must change the local language for the exact unicode settings.

Anyway I checked the .exe and looked around at Spyral's post, the exe was not modified, only hacked. It was translated with a simple hex editor in its original form. The only "critical" changes was in the header. The .exe in this installer is a non-unicode variant of the original. This mean it is exactly the same as the original english release.
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Exzaith Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:51 pm

Spyral version is just a small change of titles
Exzaith
Exzaith
AdminS

AdminS

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next