GKnight
Welcome To GKnight Forums

Please login or register to view more content.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

GKnight
Welcome To GKnight Forums

Please login or register to view more content.
GKnight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion

2 posters

GKnight ::   :: Hangout Zone :: Anime

Go down

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion Empty Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion

Post by Endymion Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:17 pm

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion Logo_Code_Geass

I'm surprised this one had no topic here. Maybe a little less known or less accepted mecha themed anime, but it has some kind of awesome stroy elements.

Code Geass's main theme is the power struggling between the three superpowers: Europe, Britannia and China. The events focuses on the Britannian overtake on Japan. As their colony the Britannian Empire strips the rights of Japan to basically nothing. They're no more than just numbers. Of course this kind of oppression will born rebellion against itself. A group of guerillas trying to fight back but compared to the force of the attackers they have no chance.

The story starts when the titular Lelouch meet with a girl named C.C. or C2. C.C. is an immortal young woman who saves Lelouch from the Britannian soldiers by offering him the "Geass". The titular Geass is a special power that manipulate the will. It is a single but absolute order. With direct eye contact the Geass can give any command to anyone, even commanding them to kill themselves. However it can be used once on the same person.

Suzaku, Lelouch friend also caught in the heat as Lelouch saying he want to see him alive (which actually counts as command). Thanks to this Suzaku can't die that easily in fights, since he always protects his own life because of the command.

Lelouch goal is to find out who killed his mother, and to put stop to the war. He joins the rebellion as Zero, and as a genius he's working on plans to achieve these goals.

The anime's mechas isn't the usually large and heavy machines, but more a combat suit with high mobility. They're called Knightmare Frames.

I liked the show more than the general titles, and found Lelouch's plans interesting. If you have only seen Gundams and has favorite good and bad guys, you will be surprised by Lelouch. Maybe it will completely change your opinion about the good and bad.
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Honor : 123
Date of Admittance : 2014-07-19
Affilations : Silver Millennium

Back to top Go down

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion Empty Re: Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion

Post by Exzaith Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:03 pm

I love code geas is a diferrent style of protagonist! like death note
Exzaith
Exzaith
AdminS

AdminS

Honor : 59
Date of Admittance : 2014-01-20

Back to top Go down

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion Empty Re: Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion

Post by Endymion Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:56 pm

I never seen the Death Note, but if you say so then yes. Pretty good one, but I still like Zone of The Enders: Dolores.i more. Smile
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Exzaith Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:28 am

ohhh you have to see death note was a epic anime
Exzaith
Exzaith
AdminS

AdminS

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:18 am

I've seen some episodes near to the end but it haven't got me. It is just too dark and there is no a real good guy or anything.

Code Geass also a good one but actually it has no real good characters. The ending was a good idea, but somehow not that energetic like what I want to see.

Maybe this is the reason why I love Sailor Moon the most. The first and the last seasons' ending was awesome.
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Exzaith Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:24 pm

The intention of the anime is to question what is the "good side"
Exzaith
Exzaith
AdminS

AdminS

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:26 am

It is always questionable what "good" is, even in the real life. But the wise simply said: the good is within us, and we have to live it. Sadly there are too many greedy people who thinks there are some kind of power that can make him happy. XD
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Exzaith Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:19 pm

yep for me that kind of animes is fun because of the peculiar perspectives of the main characters and the way in which they manage to achieve their goals
Exzaith
Exzaith
AdminS

AdminS

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:30 pm

If I see deep inside of me, I still love the Sailor Moon so much. Can't say it is unique or has the deep thruth inside, but Usagi's mentality makes it special. She fights for love and justice, and neither of those can be achieved with strenght. She helps slowly, one after the another, and at the end the many little things sum and form a strong enough reason to make herself able to stand against even something big.

Mamoru in the other hand do it a little more aggressively. Unlike Usagi he doesn't fight for any kind of big goals, saving the world, only for getting back the memories of his past. However no matter what he do, he always do it to make a place for Usagi to let her do the final blow and make the world a little better.

Simply there is no any war or soldiers... just girls and guys who fight for the things they know right.
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Exzaith Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:33 pm

Mm in anime depends a lot on the approach you can always have a favorite although it's good all kinds of different things
Exzaith
Exzaith
AdminS

AdminS

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:24 am

Back then everything I needed was an epic theme with a lot of epic fights, and something what is also important for me too, like the friendship or such. When I was a kid the TV always aired the currently popular shows, cartoons and movies.

Gundam Wing was aired too, as well the original Gundam was on program always but I not even watched a single episode from the start to the end. As a child it always looked like an unnecessary fight for no reasons. Later I watched these episodes but nowdays I not really care again lol. XD

I'm back to my old self. War is for killing people. I love seeing being saved instead. Smile
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Exzaith Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:49 pm

Btw Do you know some other anime type mecha of good plot and new?
Exzaith
Exzaith
AdminS

AdminS

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:25 pm

I haven't seen new animes since 10 years lol. XD

Giant Robo: The Animation is a super little OVA series with a little deeper plot and story than "there is a way we have to fight". It is also a super natural tale from the legendary Mitsuteru Yokoyama, who is second only to Osamu Tezuka.
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Exzaith Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:55 pm

mm it sounds good me too I have many time of dont see animes XD
Exzaith
Exzaith
AdminS

AdminS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down