GKnight
Welcome To GKnight Forums

Please login or register to view more content.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

GKnight
Welcome To GKnight Forums

Please login or register to view more content.
GKnight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you want to see in the game?

+2
Rejero
Naught
6 posters

Go down

What do you want to see in the game? Empty What do you want to see in the game?

Post by Naught Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:24 am

As the topic states... what's your ideal concept for Windom's gameplay?  Very Happy 
Naught
Naught
Apprentice
Apprentice

Honor : 5
Date of Admittance : 2014-03-31
Affilations : Black Meteor

Back to top Go down

What do you want to see in the game? Empty Re: What do you want to see in the game?

Post by Rejero Tue May 20, 2014 7:14 am

Kinda late, but my ideal concept for gameplay is a true Gundam game at the moment, similar to other console gundam games (such as EXVS), but way better in terms of combos and variety of attacks.
Rejero
Rejero
Cadet Basic
Cadet Basic

Honor : 20
Date of Admittance : 2014-01-19
Affilations : Zeroth Alignment

Back to top Go down

What do you want to see in the game? Empty Re: What do you want to see in the game?

Post by Endymion Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:11 am

REJERO said the perfect truth. Basically I read the same thing on the board (even before the PUK was released). The most of the players came from the Gundam vs. fans. They said, the Windom XP is a more competitive arena game. Compared to the Gundam vs games, it is balanced toward the 2 player modes, and a way more dynamic than the console games. It has more option to attack, and more way to combine these attacks.

However the game lack any story, and variety during Arcade or other singleplayer gamemodes.
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Honor : 123
Date of Admittance : 2014-07-19
Affilations : Silver Millennium

Back to top Go down

Post by Rejero Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:06 pm

YES! You're absolutely right. Windom XP lacks a basic storyline which is the same as any other Gundam games out there. Other than Gundam Age Universe Accel and Cosmic Drive for PSP. Single player game modes are lacking. Arcade mode, Survival, Practice, Blitz Tactics are just not enough. Also, we need interactive game maps that will trigger events of sorts. Or maybe maps with actual turrets that fires at you Unsure 
Rejero
Rejero
Cadet Basic
Cadet Basic

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:40 am

The basic storyline is axiomatic. The MS-98 was the very first humanoid mech, the Millennium is the series developed from the MS-98. The Windoms are the advanced basic combat mechs, but the Vienna is unique. The Vienna is a damaged and rebuilded version of the Vista. The Linux is an Evangelion like pseudo-organic mechs with consciousness. The Linux used to be a Skynet like "lifeform", and want to destroy the "malfunctioning" humans.

The BlackComb and the BlackSelena looks a little different compared to the others. I think, the BlackComb was the prototype of the Linux-series. The BlackSelena was the first model as developed to be a Linux, with the Linux A.I. (or whatever it could be called) system. The BlackSelena unlike the other Linux, can be controlled by pilots.

The role of the final boss could be played by the Primula. Maybe not the strongest mech from the roster, but the most effective against all other.

As closing to this fanfic, the mechs here can be called O.S., stands for Operation Suits. It is a very authentic word, because sounds like the operation system for computers.

Also there are some cool technical abbreviation for systems:
A.R.A.: All-Range Attack used by some mech, most fan calls it funnel or something like that
H.O.B.: High-Intensity Beam, or simply super laser
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Rejero Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:26 am

Holy man, why don't you write this into a light novel? I would definitely read this. Arghh! We should all just improve on the UKWXP game engine. Maybe re-create the game and add the custom features? And also to improve on Blitz Tactics Mode as well as Online gameplay!!!!!!  Is this good? 
Rejero
Rejero
Cadet Basic
Cadet Basic

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:08 am

I always wanted to write a light novel fanfic or make a visual novel. Sadly the visual novel makers are hard to understand for me. I started that light novel many times, but I never finished it, and never saved before reformating my PC. Maybe I'm not that creator-type men.  Unsure 

I always wanted to see a story mod in the game. There would be not just mech enemies, but tanks, jets, ships... maybe play like the Bulk Slash on SEGA Saturn.  Very Happy 

About the online Blitz mode, I think that will be hard. As far as I know, the game uses perfect sync to synchronize the gameplay during netplay. This mean, if something happens on one side, all other will be affected (slowdowns, desync, or the reflects on the mechs). The latest version was fixed all of the weak points of the ver.2.004 patch, but I think it is the limit of the used netcode. I can not handle more data.

So you are right! A new engine would be needed to continue the project with these ideas.  Smile 

Oh, and about the title... Ultimate Knight. Maybe the Knight stands for the same thing like the Coordinator in the Gundam SEED. Knights are enhanced humans, genetically modified to be better pilot. The Ultimate Knight the same as Kira, Ultimate Coordinator.  Stunned 
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sodium Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:41 am

Please do write that, I'm already hyped!
Sodium
Sodium
Recruit
Recruit

Honor : 0
Date of Admittance : 2016-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:03 am

Currently I'm not working on it. I work on the guide for the units because we play very often online. But I want to see a story like this for the game.
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackholesun Thu May 26, 2016 5:34 pm

I Want to know if Button combinations such as Guard+attack (shot and melee) would be possible to activate sp weapons which could free up at least two buttons or Keys for other modified options.

Blackholesun
Recruit
Recruit

Honor : 0
Date of Admittance : 2014-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Fri May 27, 2016 2:53 pm

I think it is possible, but most basic combinations already has function:

melee + shot = Emergency evade
shot/melee + guard = Emergency guard

Only the more complex combinations are free.
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:59 pm

Endymion wrote:
So you are right! A new engine would be needed to continue the project with these ideas.  Smile 

new engine impractical existing proprietary engine is enough like unity or unreal.

but whats really needed is to update windoms graphics to be more modern. would attract new players.

revamp old mechs and maps to look more detailed. should give the game a new image. also interface change.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
Exault
Exault

Honor : 25
Date of Admittance : 2014-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down