GKnight
Welcome To GKnight Forums

Please login or register to view more content.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

GKnight
Welcome To GKnight Forums

Please login or register to view more content.
GKnight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

possibly new tools for Xp (allows for complete 2.008 modding)

+2
Endymion
PureEvil
6 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

possibly new tools for Xp (allows for complete 2.008 modding) - Page 3 Empty Re: possibly new tools for Xp (allows for complete 2.008 modding)

Post by PN-00 Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:56 am

PureEvil wrote:demand stronger engine. the game cant even stand with psp map models.

I agree, also tested it, especially if the pc has 4gb ram or lower.

InfinitasImpetum wrote:i considered building a new engine based off of windom or trying to get windom in an existing engine.

the problem is windom is using some obsolete things.  

the tool for converting robo models and hod files to fbx could be used to get the animations of windom into an existing engine.  
If that is the case, time will come that modder will forcefully stop working coz simply the tools are not available.
PN-00
PN-00

Honor : 8
Date of Admittance : 2016-10-13
Affilations : winz00e member

Back to top Go down

possibly new tools for Xp (allows for complete 2.008 modding) - Page 3 Empty Re: possibly new tools for Xp (allows for complete 2.008 modding)

Post by InfinitasImpetum Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:24 am

I think i am going to try and do a pseudo port of windom into unity after i get my current tool done for another game.

i won't port windom files to work in unity.  i am going to take the stuff and convert to work in a new system based off of windom's design.  gameplay will be kept.

the one good thing about having the parts in separate files is it makes swapping pieces out easier. i am going to keep this.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
Exault
Exault

Honor : 25
Date of Admittance : 2014-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:28 pm

If you say like this then it really worth keeping the parts in separate files.

Anyway, you say, you will make an identical copy of Windom XP on a more stable engine, right? And then you can continue modding it as you did with Windom XP. But the scripts and model file extensions won't bother you anymore. This sounds great.
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Honor : 123
Date of Admittance : 2014-07-19
Affilations : Silver Millennium

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:15 pm

actually i plan on changing the format of stuff.  the scripts would be hard to make compatible.  

i can keep the hod files as is.  i would have to ditch the script files for something else. there is no way to make squirrel script compatible with unity. another issue is arm aiming though this i can look at sv. since the code for aiming the arm seems open.

the final goal is to get it to feel similar in gameplay as windom xp did.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
Exault
Exault

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:43 pm

Maybe I sound a little strange, but why don't you adjust the engine to fit more the Gundam vs. games, especially the Extreme series' gameplay? It isn't a secred Windom XP and the Gundam vs. games have gameplay differences mostly because the *different playerbase*.

*Which fan needs what, hehe.*

The ultimate goal is the Gundam for sure, since you, and everyone else on the forum is more into that metaseries. If you want to use some of Windom XP files, then I guess the already created mods also will work in an instant on that engine. Fitting them to the original gameplay of the Gundam vs games also makes it easier to adjust the mods easier in terms of speed and such. Smile
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:33 pm

I thought you didn't like the gundam vs game style of play?

i think i might end up creating something new but using windom system as a basis for its creation.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
Exault
Exault

Back to top Go down

Post by PN-00 Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:14 am

I thought you will create a gundam game engine Very Happy
But still, it will be nice and i look forward to that on the time that you will release it.
For sure, It will take a long time..
PN-00
PN-00

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:12 am

I didn't like it, but this isn't about me. I have a game to play, now everyone else needs one. Twisted
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:29 am

PN-00 wrote:I thought you will create a gundam game engine  Very Happy
But still, it will be nice and i look forward to that on the time that you will release it.
For sure, It will take a long time..

actually, i am trying to create a game like windom xp or extreme vs thats moddable.  custom engine or in a current existing engine doesn't really matter.  just the end results.

i did start a project already but i wasn't using windom xp as a basis.  i could just continue it and use windom xp as a basis for modding.

well, came to 1 conclusion i need to build that tool to convert a robo(hod,models)->fbx and fbx->robo(hod) cause there needs to be a way to edit the animations.  i can then use this as a basis for a new animation system based upon hod design for the game.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
Exault
Exault

Back to top Go down

Post by PN-00 Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:38 am

It will be nice if in the case it is done.
Actually I'm looking for the time that modders (hopefully that time, I will be one of them) can make real whip animation (example epyon whip,Reginlaze Julia whip mode of Iron blooded orphans).
PN-00
PN-00

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:21 pm

The function is in the game for sure. The hair of some mechs, and the ornate on the Anthurium's head function like how a whip would move. Also the Aura Blade of Cymbidium is similar but it also affected by the targeting, not just pure movement impulse.
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:08 pm

i have decided to skip the hod stuff and build the animation system for the game directly.

i maybe should create a new thread for the project.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
Exault
Exault

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:53 pm

Even more work, but it will be more stable.
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum