GKnight
Welcome To GKnight Forums

Please login or register to view more content.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

GKnight
Welcome To GKnight Forums

Please login or register to view more content.
GKnight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

windom redesigned into unity (opinions?)

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

windom redesigned into unity (opinions?) Empty windom redesigned into unity (opinions?)

Post by InfinitasImpetum Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:39 pm

what i mean by this is not porting windom into unity but rebuilding it with new stuff and some removal of some stuff that is not used much.  this will mean opening the game up to new platforms like linux, mac, maybe even android for on the go play.  

i kinda started this with my redesigning of kd-03 and kd-04.  

with this i was thinking introducing a new thing called Play Hacks or something to that extend.
examples are change gravity,Meteor Shower in Stage, infinite boost or enable instant kill for all mechs. these play hacks would effect all mechs but be able to add a fun twist to things.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
Exault
Exault

Honor : 25
Date of Admittance : 2014-05-30

Back to top Go down

windom redesigned into unity (opinions?) Empty Re: windom redesigned into unity (opinions?)

Post by Endymion Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:21 pm

It sounds good, even the item and equipment system could be adjusted. For some reason it can't be translated completely.
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Honor : 123
Date of Admittance : 2014-07-19
Affilations : Silver Millennium

Back to top Go down

windom redesigned into unity (opinions?) Empty Re: windom redesigned into unity (opinions?)

Post by InfinitasImpetum Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:31 pm

to be honest, making things work exactly like windom wouldn't be easy so its probably going to have alot of changes if i do this. i probably would scrap everything and start over using the controls as a start and adding gameplay mechanics that should be in from the previous games. i will be scrapping the maps and doing whole new ones.

as for title of this project, i would call Bootfighter Windom Nu.  using bootfighter instead of ultimate knight cause its free.  both windom sv lite and windom xp were sold for money.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
Exault
Exault

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:04 pm

That is right. But since it is based on the Project Windom work, you can call it Ultimate Knight, or Windom SV. Even if the Windom SV still under development the original right-owner abandoned the project. There is no one who can attack you with copyrights.

I don't know if you know Sid Meier's Pirates!, but when it comes to unity I always think on Windward. A perfect multiplayer rework of the game.
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:53 pm

i played sid meiers pirates.

as for the windom project i rather not call it windom sv so that there is no issue with the ones that are still working on it. my plan is to atleast call it Windom Nu with ultimate knight or bootfighter behind it.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
Exault
Exault

Back to top Go down

Post by Exzaith Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:58 pm

it sounds really good is possible to re-use the scripts from xp and sv?
Exzaith
Exzaith
AdminS

AdminS

Honor : 59
Date of Admittance : 2014-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:45 pm

Exzaith wrote:it sounds really good is possible to re-use the scripts from xp and sv?

its possible but it would take alot of work.  i would say couple years. No way.

would be better to come up with a system that uses unity's own existing stuff.  
example is mechs would be loaded from asset bundles.  the scripts the mechs would use would be in a dll file that you just put in your unity project so you can access them and create your mech using them. then all you would need to do is create a asset bundle for it.  this method is better cause it allows you to use existing 3d software to animate and easy import of models from them. this does mean you would need unity to create your own content.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
Exault
Exault

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:36 am

Everything could be easier if you had the source code of the program. You can still do it with reverse enginering, but as you said it would take a lot of work.
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:01 am

well, i would of not used it anyways.

what i am thinking about Adding/Removing is:
-pilots won't be in the new game. i don't see modders really going crazy for them. its mostly about the mechs.
-Sub attacks will now share the same energy bar as the basic shot. energy bar will have more in it.
-Charge Shots as a new option for an attack. hold down basic shot to charge it and release to fire. does double damage when fully charged.
-4 player max battles. blitz mode and etc will not be in.
-energy when depleted will have a delay before it starts to recharge.
-using a sub attack and there isn't enough energy will cause energy to become depleted.

I should be able to make online mode work better that's if i can figure things out with it. network coding i am very unfamiliar with.

InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
Exault
Exault

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:29 am

There is a charged shot in the game even now, but with full charge (and with damage oriented attacks like rifles) it does 5 times the damage, however it costs EX. Units like Anthurium with a fully charged Buster Launcher Cannon can kill a unit with 2000 life with full hit.

Actually you remove the best parts of the game, that made the Windom XP unique. It is the only game that support more than 4 players, the only game that supports items and custom pilots online.

About the sub weapons I not really know what you mean. In the game is share the same gauge. The other smaller gauges at the right side of the HUD is just showing the status of the recharge or cooldown. But when you use charged attack it will ignore the state of the cooldown.
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:44 am

the blitz mode is too laggy for some. i could see about raising it up but i need to consider performance. i am afraid the AI might also be troublesome with alot of players. i haven't done much AI programming so i might thinking too much of this.

i probably start with 4 player as a starting point for max then see about raising it.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
Exault
Exault

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:23 pm

The Blitz really not worth the efforts, it could be impossible to sync in multiplayer, and also gives no more deep to the gameplay compared to the Team battle. The more than two players should be good, but there isn't much experience as you said so it is wise to start in little.
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Exzaith Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:04 pm

It is a huge job trying to add all game modes of ukwxp
maybe it's better just to focus on creating a game that is possible for the ccommunity add more content very easy
and a normal mode type open world
Exzaith
Exzaith
AdminS

AdminS

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:45 am

With an empty world it would be easy. No AI, no option for singleplayer. I think it will start like this. First the game's base must work.
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:54 am

actually its starts empty and only the necessary scripts are present.

the maps and mechs will be in assetbundles.  
what happens is first the map is loaded using loadleveladditiveasync method which loads the map on top of the current scene.
mechs are loaded next and placed in designated spawn points setup in the map. they are also setup to correspond to designated controller. there will be 2 types of controllers at first (AI and Player).  these scripts are added to the mech when loading them. possibly 3 more types will come later(SyncNetwork,AINetwork and PlayerNetwork), which is only used in online mode to sync data between stuff. online stuff i am unfamilair with so the stuff about online is guess work from what i know.

as for scripts for the game they will be contained in a dll so using is matter of setup unity to use the scripts within the dll.   though this would mean that if the game updates and dll stuff is modified you mechs might need to be updated.

oh, there will be 2 versions of the game out 1 being unmoddable which is a test version for new features. 2nd will be the moddable which will have the dll. reason for this is cause i would have to compile the dll every time i add new code. but the test version has no dll and compiles in unity editor for easy testing.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
Exault
Exault

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:21 pm

Sounds fair. Actually you not even need to release the moddable version till the basic features isn't good in the closed version.
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:56 pm

just did test on components in dll files. its possible.

the reason for the dll is to protect the code and it packaged better this way.
there will be some code not available in the dll plugin.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
Exault
Exault

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:34 pm

i have some ideas to improve multi target attacking i might add.

if you press change target right after a basic attack, you will attack the next nearest mech within a specific range of you. this would basically be like another combo. the range is low. melee the range is very low like the mech has to be right next to you. shooting is little bit farther but still has to be close to you when performed. else it will do the normal cycling of targets.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
Exault
Exault

Back to top Go down

Post by Exzaith Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:46 pm

that sounds good then the attacks will not be so limited
Exzaith
Exzaith
AdminS

AdminS

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:28 am

It would be really useful for charged All-Range Attacks. The Blackcomb has 10 drones in total, and even if it attacks two target at the same time, a single mech still has 5 drones on it. It is only 1 drone less than the Vista's total.

The charged version fires more times, that is why I said that.
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:32 pm

scratch this. windom SV seems to be being developed more. images of new mechs seem to pop up on the exvs group.

i am uncomfortable with continuing this project with SV seeming to be more in development.  just doesn't feel right.

i am still doing a mech game but don't know where to go. i would like to have original mechs for it. if possible.

so going to leave this thread for a new one.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
Exault
Exault

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:19 pm

The original is always better than copying the contents. I think the SV goes towards the opposite way. Now it is developed (or modified) by fans, and will be more similar to Gundam than it should be.
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:08 pm

Endymion wrote:The original is always better than copying the contents. I think the SV goes towards the opposite way. Now it is developed (or modified) by fans, and will be more similar to Gundam than it should be.

then its better i create something new and original.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
Exault
Exault

Back to top Go down

Post by Endymion Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:52 am

Yes. I don't know if you thought on this, but the original games can be sold without copyright issues. You can make money.

The games that based on somethign however more faster to develop. It is better for trying out yourself before you start a full original game.
Endymion
Endymion
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:27 pm

looked back at this and all i know is its possible to convert the hods into animations that unity can play.  the rest of the stuff in windom xp wouldn't convert well over.

i was bored so i thought i comment here.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
Exault
Exault

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next